I have already won many awards and recieved honours for my work:
In 2013 I won the third place with the theatregroup Theaterbox at the Hamburger Children Theatre Prize for our play „Edels garden“, the Wilhelmsburger Wintermärchen 2011. This award also expressed an appreciation of our constant work in the Hamburg children theatre scene.
In 2013, I was chosen as a participant for the Academy for Childrens Media, where I enjoyed advanced training around the media business and was supported by my mentor Armin Prediger in the development of „Bubbly Brains“, my animated series for elementary school kids.
It was also a special honour for me to be chosen for the Schreiblabor 2007 of the Literaturhaus Hamburg, being invited to the Frankfurter Autorenforum 2008 and being awarded a scholarship for the Dramatikerbörse Nenzing in 2009.
In summer 2014, I was also chosen for the Literaturkolleg with Nora Gomringer at Burg Ranis .
In 2015, I was elected for the management board of the Union of German Writers Hamburg and am very proud to be organising events for great colleagues.
2015 I was invited to the masterclass „From series script to book series“ in collaboration with Bastei Lübbe publisher at the Tatort Eifel festival.
In 2017, my animation series concept „Bubbly Brains“ was chosen for the KIDS Film Pro Exchange Day at Berlinale including a free mentoring with Philipp LaZebnik.
Some of the films I have been involved in as a writer have also won prizes:
- „Long shadows“ (director: Franz Indra, production: HfBK) was shown internationally at the Ambulart-Festival, at the Internationales Filmfest Braunschweig, as part of the short film evening at the Zinnschmelze Hamburg, during the shortfilm-broadcast Short-O-Mania of the Filmboard Karlsruhe and at the Open-Air-summer-shortfilmfestival AeroeShortFilm at Ærøskøbing.
- My own shortfilm „Girls“ was shown at the Move@Moor, at the Filmfestival Alzey and at the Students vs. Tarantino.
- „Bobby plays life“ was chosen as short film of the week on www.fmarket.de in 2010.
- „Bardo“ (director: Jan Wilde, production: KHM Köln/Vision X) was shown at the Cottbusser Filmfestival 2012 and won the Und Bitte Filmpreis in 2013.
- In 2014, we got public film funding from Nordmedia for the adaptation series project „Mindfuck stories“.
- In 2015, „Como Carino (S for sweetie)“ was shown at the Cannes Short Film Festival as well as the Shorty Week Cadíz Festival.
- In 2016, the kids animation series project „Popcorn Pictures“, which I’ve been working on on the development team for Sprocket (Norway) was funded by the Norwegian Film fund.
I have also had some success with my short stories:
- I was awarded a special award for my short story „Puppet“ by the Union of visually impaired and blind people of Vienna and my text has been publically read there.
- In 2014 I won a prize at the 6. Literarisch Reisen Wettbewerb.
- Different short stories were published in anthologys „People by the riverside“ (publisher: Elbverlag), „Thunder and lightning“ (publisher Hierreth Verlag) and „I write“ (publisher NLZ).
- Aditionally, my texts were printed in the literary journals Kulturwelten Nr. 10, Biss and as an audio book at the Lauscherlounge.
- Since 2009 I have been invited to do webreadings of my short stories for the cultural administration of Hamburg online.